No matter how big or small, a car accident is a life-changing experience. Any motor vehicle accident can lead to financial burdens, medical expenses, insurance claims, physical injuries, and more. It is a truly overwhelming experience that we at Jainchill & Beckert, LLC hope that no one has to experience.
In the case that you have been in a car accident, our accident attorneys can help you navigate the process and move forward to receive the maximum compensation. Normally, in the process, most individuals want an auto accident attorney that can get them a quick settlement. However, the process is not always so simple. An experienced car accident attorney knows that the path to a fair settlement could take more time and effort than is expected.
When handling a personal injury claim, the accident is just the beginning of your problems. Navigating an insurance claim alone is tricky. If the fault of the accident is disputed, it can turn into a lengthy personal injury lawsuit. In addition, insurance companies may try to settle your claim for less than it is actually worth.
During the process of working through an accident claim, an accident lawyer is going to need to understand the full scene of the accident. They will contact your insurance company, gather your medical bills, and submit all claims.
You can assist your lawyer and improve your chances of receiving a fair settlement by taking the following steps.
- At the accident scene, make sure to take any many photos of the damage as well.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report from the police. If there wasn’t a crash report, or police weren’t called, do your best to document what happened. If you can, exchange insurance information with the drivers of any other vehicles involved. Get the names of any crash victims and try to note in general terms what happened to them. Note any environmental hazards near the crash scene – road construction, position of the sun, or weather conditions that could have impaired the drivers involved should all be factored in. Use your cell phone to take pictures that will validate your environmental claims.
- Obtain all medical records from the hospital that you visited after the accident. Any severe injuries will need a proof of record from a medical provider. Even in minor car accidents, any document of common injuries will be necessary. Any catastrophic injuries should be documented as well, and all forms of documentation should be handed to the attorney. If the injured party is having trouble,
- Obtain a copy of all hospital bills, medical expenses, insurance expenses, receipts, and hand them to the law firm
- Process all personal injury claims in writing, so that they can be referenced later on. Verify your claims with a police report (if you have one available).
- Remain calm. You could be injured, and things like internal bleeding or traumatic brain injury (a concussion, for example) may not be immediately apparent. Try to breathe deeply and assess the situation clearly. You are alive. Everything else is secondary.
Any personal injury attorney will tell you that accidents can happen at any time. A negligent driver can be found at any time of day or night. Rear-end collisions are common in cities with heavy traffic and are often the result of a distracted driver or distracted driving. As more and more citizens are on the road every year, reckless driving is becoming more common. Drunk driving happens daily in every city and town in America. Even if you have a track record of safe driving or you were in one of countless minor accidents that happen every day, a defense attorney may still be necessary.
The path to fair compensation for accident injuries is never easy. A personal injury lawyer requires the cooperation of the insurance company, hospital, insurance adjuster, and several other parties to ensure that the process progresses forward.
Accident victims may feel overwhelmed at the sheer amount of responsibility that is laid out in front of them after an accident claim. This is where a personal injury law firm and experienced car accident lawyer can help.
Attorneys Jainchill & Beckert, LLC, located in Plainville, treat every single auto accident claim with the tact and tenacity that you would expect. Their main goal is first to help you through the emotional distress and mental anguish that affects all personal injury lawsuits. Attorney Beckert and Jainchill are here to assist you with medical bills, medical expenses, and talking with the insurance company. They will assist you with making any personal injury claim and navigating your insurance policy. An experienced lawyer will tell you that minor injuries, any bodily injury, or physical pain needs to be documented in order to be brought to court.
When working with an experienced attorney, a question that always occurs during an auto accident lawsuit is, “What do attorney fees look like?”. At Jainchill & Beckert, LLC, no payment is received until the case has been completed. Our job is to service the individual who is filing the personal injury lawsuit. By working on a contingency fee basis, you won’t be put into financial hardship due to the out-of-pocket expense factor. You pay when we win.
Initial consultations with Jainchill & Beckert, LLC can be held over the phone or by coming into the office. Though they are located in Plainville, Connecticut, they service Bristol, Hartford, and a majority of the state. A personal injury lawyer, in the first meeting, will ask about medical bills, statements from the insurance company, and facts about the fault party and whether you believe you were the at fault driver. In addition to discovering more about the traffic accident, the personal injury lawsuit will require information about your financial compensation goals, previous personal injury claims, and what effects the accident has had on other aspects of your life. An insurance company will often try to pay you less money than you deserve by arguing to avoid paying out the full amount. A personal injury lawyer helps you navigate through the process and get the compensation you deserve.
For a free, no-obligation consultation, call an experienced auto accident attorney at Plainville’s Jainchill & Beckert, LLC office today. If calling the office is difficult at this time, click below to fill out our online form and schedule some time to talk. We promise that we will listen and provide the kind of personal injury protection that you need at the time when you need it most.